Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Beachy Keen





He is a sponge. He absorbs everything so quickly that I feel like my brain is sucked dry. There is always something new to learn. Always something new to point to and to give something a name. Is there a better gift to receive than to hear him say "boat" for the first time? To see his little lips curl around his emerging teeth to form the "b" sound. Or to watch him run after the surf and squeal when it comes back to bite at his ankles? He sends to me a new message now. At birth the charge was to protect him and nourish him with all of my being and now it's to delight him with all the world has to offer. The zoo, the library, the ocean, the forest. I think the world was created for children...it's our fault as adults that we grew up. I've been given a second chance.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com