Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Navel Idea

As I often think in images, I was thinking about how it feels to be a mom and related it to being yanked around by a rope tied to my heart all day long.  Somehow that made me think of the umbilical cord and how I've really lost sight of how important his little belly button once was.  That little landmark of a body part represents how we were once literally attached but now stands independent and thriving away from me.  However, emotionally, he has a noose around my heart and I'm inclined to follow him around all day long, for better or for worse and take care of him.  Even when I TRY to ignore him and pee in peace or sleep an extra hour in the morning and sneak away to check an email...he tugs at our imaginary lifeline and I'm back at his disposal.  


Today we were in the car on our way to my mom's house and we were at a light just listening to the radio.  In the two minutes we had been in the car I hadn't heard a peep out of him so I turned to look at him and smiled.  He flashed me back a huge smile, like we had just shared a private joke.  I love being attached.

1 comments:

Stella Barrutia said...

I LOVE this post. It brought a tear to my eye. I love being "attached" too.

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com