Monday, July 14, 2008

Planning a vacation

It became apparent we need a getaway...just the three of us. No family waiting for us at our destination, no friends to coordinate time with. Just. Us. Disney in late August wasn't too appealing and I found myself craving something different, something familiar. I did some googling and stumbled upon the perfect vacation for us...a farm vacation.

We are staying at a working farm bed and breakfast where roosters will wake us in the morning and we get to go out and collect eggs for breakfast and Henry can pet the kittens or feed the goats and Erik and I can sip orange juice on the porch rocking chairs. Lancaster county has so much to offer...one of the main points being the Strasburg Railroad which always happens to be home of the biggest Thomas the Tank Engine stores ever. PERFECT for Henry.

We are also planning on going to the Dutch Wonderland...it's a small-ish theme park with a water play area.

I'm looking forward to REALLY dark nights with lots of stars and letting the sound of crickets lull me to sleep. The same experiences I had on my grandparent's dairy farm will be so fun to share with Henry as he grows up.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com